NO PURCHASE, PAYMENT OR ONLINE SERVICE SUBSCRIPTION NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE AN ENTRY'S CHANCE OF WINNING.
$1,400.00 April All-Access Sweepstakes (#203) is sponsored by The Reader's Digest Association, Inc. (“Reader's Digest” or “Sponsor”). Sweepstakes begins April 1, 2014 and ends April 30, 2014.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes open to legal residents age 18 and older of the United States, its territories and possessions. Employees and members of the immediate families of employees of Reader's Digest, affiliated or subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners are not eligible. Sweepstakes may be presented in different creative presentations. Winner will have the choice of the cash or any merchandise offered in any creative presentation of this Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is void where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
2. HOW TO ENTER: You can enter this Sweepstakes via the Internet. Please go to http://www.rd.com/sweepstakes-prizes/ and follow the online entry instructions. To be eligible all entries must be received by 11:59 p.m. (Eastern Time) on April 30, 2014, the Sweepstakes Deadline Date. Sponsor is the official time-keeper for this Sweepstakes. In the event the Sweepstakes is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply. Only one entry per person per day, per entry opportunity, is permitted. All entries become the property of the Sponsor and will not be returned. If multiple entries are received, only the first entry will be included and later entries will be disqualified. Each entry has an equal chance to win. In the event of any dispute regarding the identity of an entrant who submitted an online entry, the authorized account holder of the email address used for the entry at the time of entry will be deemed the entrant. Authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an email address by an internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g. business, educational institute) that is responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted email address. Any potential winner may be requested to provide Sponsor with proof that such winner is the authorized account holder of the email address associated with the winning entry. Sponsor, in its sole discretion, reserves the right to disqualify any person tampering with the operation of the website or the entry process.
3. PRIZE: One prize of $1,400.00 will be awarded. Prize is not transferable and cannot be assigned, or substituted. Winner will be given the option of cash or merchandise of an equal or greater value. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded due to circumstances beyond the control of the Sponsor. All taxes, if any are the sole responsibility of the winner. Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates or subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize.
4. SELECTION OF WINNER: Winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries on or about May 12, 2014, by an independent sweepstakes judge whose decisions are final in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Approximate odds of winning are estimated at 1 in 600,000. Winner will be notified by mail and/or email within 30 days of the drawing and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 30 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. In the event winner is a minor in his or her state of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner's name, address (city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
5. CONDITIONS: By entering, participants agree to be bound by these complete Official Rules. Sponsor is not liable for late, lost, delayed, damaged, misdirected, incomplete, garbled or jumbled, stolen, postage due mail or illegible entries or for printing, distribution or production errors. Sponsor is not liable for any technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer internet system, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any email on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation or downloading any materials in this sweepstakes, or other technical difficulties or failures or other errors of any kind. Sponsor is not responsible or liable for any injury or damage to an entrant's or third person's computer and/or its contents, related to or resulting from Sweepstakes. Any person attempting to defraud or in any way tamper with this Sweepstakes will be ineligible for prizes and may be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Sponsor reserves the right to terminate or modify the sweepstakes at any time for any reason. In such circumstances prizes will be awarded based on entries received to date of termination. All prizes will be awarded.
6. NO RECOURSE TO JUDICIAL OR OTHER PROCEDURES/SEVERABILITY: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Sweepstakes are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in New York County in the State of New York and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of New York, without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
6. CONSUMER INFORMATION: Reader's Digest may share customer information about you with reputable companies in order for them to offer you products and services of interest to you. If you would rather we not share information, wish to receive a list of winners, a copy of the Official Rules, have any questions about the Sweepstakes, or you do not want to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest mailings from Reader's Digest, specify your request and send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to $1,400.00 April All-Access Sweepstakes (#203), PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Request for list of winners must be received by December 31, 2014.
|Prize||Retail||Number of Prizes||Total Prize Value||Odds||Final Closing Date|
|$1,400.00||1||$1,400.00||1 in 600,000||4/30/14|
|You Have Not Yet Won.
All Entries Have The Same Chance Of Winning.
No one will know who the winner is until after the sweepstakes ends.
Final Closing Date is the last date entries are accepted. Your entry deadline may vary, see Official Rules for details.
|Entry Is Free.
You don't have to buy anything to enter. Just fill out the Entry Form as directed. You will be entered
for each prize offered in this sweepstakes.
|Buying Won't Help You Win.
Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances of someone who buys something.